Saturday, April 11, 2009

FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK JULEE HERMANN


I have begun a new feature at the Creative Souls site. Besides the monthly main page featured artist~ a weekly featured artist in the forums. If you know of someone you would like to see featured, please drop me a note at the Creative Souls site http://creativesouls.ning.com

This weeks featured artist is the beautiful & amazing Julee Hermann. She is such an inspiration. Everyone who meets her, has her forever etched in their hearts, she is a beautiful shining star!!!

Julee Hermann is a local artist who works in assemblage, jewelry, and 3D inspirational art. Julee inspires creativity with her energy and her wonderful sense of humor. She knows how to connect people with their inner artist. Julee spends her weekends playing with her young family and teaching around the US helping students create one-of-a-kind shrines reflecting memorable moments in a life lived. Students walk away feeling as though they've created something to treasure. Julee's motto is "...make the two foot drop from head into your heart and work from there." ~written from the heart Gina Gabrielle

this is what Julee says..... I love to impart my enthusiasm for all things mixed media thru my workshops. I weave silliness and permission to play and express your self into my classes. My motto is "make that two foot drop from head to heart and work from there" art is made in the heart not the head. I like to remind people to just check in with where they are and to let the muses tickle them into creating for them. This month I'm teaching the skill of soldering through two different classes. The first of which is the Mermaid Reliquary Workshop at A Work of Heart Studio in San Jose class is on Sunday April 19th and runs from 12 – 4pm we'll build tiny boxes with a small scene inside and then enclose the pieces with mica and solder. $65 You can register through their fancy schmancy website at http://www.aworkofheart.com The advanced soldering class is being held at the lovely Tangerine gifts and ephemera shop in Dublin this will be a soldered bracelet comprised of vintage watch crystals, tiny images embellished with glitters (oh joy!) all soldered together in the most delightful way! Class is Saturday April 25 from 10 – 3pm cost is $55 and includes tea and cookies! Have a peek at their charming site at http://www.elevenmorningstangerine.com/services.html Call Gina Gabr... to sign up to play! I'm excited to announce for the first time, that this Summer, I will be sharing workshops with girls(and guys, too!) of all ages through my Mermaid Warriors Summer Camps. For 5 weeks from the end of June through the beginning of August we'll be pLaYIng MeRmAid Style... tentatively I'm working on Mondays and Fridays in Orinda and Wednesdays in Dublin and will be specializing in empowering people to express themselves through art and silliness!

Julee Herrmann Teacher/Artist HeArt Collective http://www.heartcollective.etsy.com http://www.heartcollective.blogspot.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/juleeherrmann/sets/72157615900316626/

6 comments:

  1. HI,
    This is a great blog and the post about
    Julee is delightful!
    pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful interview. Your art is charming and full of joy.

    Plus wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi the blog is great, really like the format, etc. julee is wonderful. happy to see my ads too! will stop by often.....xox to creative souls.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an honor and treat to be here, izabella, thank you so so much for your sweet post!

    xoxo
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izabella , I would give my left hand( I use my right hand to much to give that one up)to learn how to do these digital creations that you make!!!! I think they are so stunningly beautiful, and the music you choose is always just perfect!!!
    blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC LOOKING PAGE HERE, GOOD JOB. And I love the Art of the artist you featured.
    looking forward to following you.
    The music is lovely as well.
    B

    ReplyDelete